Friday, June 6, 2014

Embellished Decanter

Yesterday I showed you a cute vintage bottle that I picked up while thrifting.
While the bottle itself has lots of character, I added some embellishments to it.

This is how it started out.
It only cost me $1.25.

I wrapped some twine around the neck of the bottle. (It was at this point that my hubby told me that it looked like a pirate bottle.)
Then I tied on a little lace and dangled an old skeleton key.
For a final touch, I added a green pearl.
 (After these additions, my hubby declared that looked less pirate-y.)


I'm going to place it on a shelf in our dining room.
I think it would also be cute holding a slender candle.
Any other ideas about what I could do with it?
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he shall sustain you
Psalm 55:22

No comments: