Monday, June 23, 2014

Mini Album Monday #32- Album Made From Large Manilla Envelopes

For this week's Mini Album Monday, I'm showing you one of my favorite mini albums.
It's a vacation themed envelope album.

You can go here to see step by step instructions on creating an album like this.
 
 
I made the album before the trip, then came home and printed out the pictures
and put them in the album.

 
I used three 8 1/2"x 11" manilla envelopes that I folded in half.

 
I also used two pieces of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock that I alternated in between the envelopes.

 
I placed photos on the pages- cropping some of them.
Then I got out all my journaling cards and placed them among the photos.

 
Because the book was made of envelopes, there were pockets.
See how the page on the left. . .

 
opens up to show pamphlets and note cards full of stories.

 
I also had a few camping/vacation themed tags and stickers that I placed throughout the pages.

 
When I take a trip, I always keep a notebook handy so that I can write down stories and details.

 
I share those details throughout the album.

 
For most of my journaling cards, I used stamps and cardstock.

 
The page on the left has a bull clip that I used to hold pamphlets.

 
Here's the back cover.
I attached a ribbon to the front and back covers so I could tie it along the edge to keep it closed.
 
Even though I this album is from a trip we took several years ago, I still love flipping through it.
 
I think mini albums are such a fun and simple way to document a specific event.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.
Proverbs 16:3
 
 This post is linked to Skip to My Lou, Today's Creative Blog, and The Dedicated House.

No comments: