Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Recipe of the Week #125 - Homemade Bisquick

the store bought Bisquick is on the left and the homemade is on the right

Homemade Bisquick
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp shortening, oil, or melted butter

Mix all the ingredients together. This equals 1 cup of Bisquick.

Recently I was planning to make these biscuits and I didn't have enough Bisquick. So I figured I could make my own- and I was right! I found this recipe online, and it worked so great, I've decided to not buy Bisquick. I'll just make my own when I need it.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

He is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense; I shall not be moved.
Psalm 62:6

This post is linked to Plucky's Second Thought, Ivy and Elephants, and Between Naps on the Porch.

No comments: