Friday, August 5, 2016

Not Your Usual Cork Boards

I've mentioned before that I have a big bin of corks that I bought at an estate sale.
I used up quite a few for today's project: shaped cork boards.


This is a Texas shaped one.
 

I started with a thin piece of wood cut into the shape of Texas.
Then I glued corks to it.



I'm a big fan of ampersands, so when I found a wooden one,
I thought it would work great for this project.
 



Here's a side view. I glued the corks end up.
I like the different looks of the corks- especially the ones with the dates printed on them.

I went through almost my whole cork supply.
Hopefully I'll come across some more soon in my secondhand shopping.

I think these would look cute hanging over a desk with notes pinned to them.
What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Blessed are You, O Lord!
Teach me Your statutes.
Psalm 119:12

 This post is linked to The Cottage Market, Tatertots and Jello, Craft-O-Maniac,
and Life With Lorelai.

No comments: